It’s almost time for many of you to make one of the biggest decisions of your lives thus far; Where will you decide to go to college?
This next few weeks can be a stressful time as you weigh pros and cons of each college or university to hopefully find one that will be a great fit.
For many students, this is a great time to go visit some of their top choices, either for the first time, or again.
Here are a few helpful reminders to keep in mind during those visits:
1) Making sure your visit was logged in at the admissions office – schools often look at this as a sign of demonstrated instance come application time.
2) Try to introduce yourself to your regional admissions officer and get a business card when there.
3) Ask insightful questions on the tour in a “Goldilocks” fashion: not so many that you take over rudely, not so few that you’re a wallflower, but enough that you seem engaged.
4) Try to make sure those questions are insightful and not easily “Google-able”!
5) When you return home, send a concise but thoughtful thank you note, either by hand or by email, to your regional admissions director. These are the people that are fighting for you!